The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.

Bertrand Russel

Sunday, April 21, 2013

"Just teach me to be the wind for a few moments"

"You can't be the wind," the wind said. "We're two very different things.”

"That's not true," the boy said. "I learned the alchemist's secrets in my travels. I have inside me the winds, the deserts, the oceans, the stars, and everything created in the universe. We were all made by the same hand, and we have the same soul. I want to be like you, able to reach every corner of the world, cross the seas, blow away the sands that cover my treasure, and carry the voice of the woman I love."
"I heard what you were talking about the other day with the alchemist," the wind said. "He said that everything has its own Personal Legend. But people can't turn themselves into the wind.”

"Just teach me to be the wind for a few moments," the boy said. "So you and I can talk about the limitless possibilities of people and the winds.

The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho